The CIF Southern Section does not have any additional comments today (Monday) on how the coronavirus will affect high school sports, according to Thom Simmons, assistant commissioner of the CIF Southern Section.
High school athletics in Orange County and Southern California have been postponed from two to four weeks by most districts.
However, a conference call will be conducted Tuesday with the “the 10 section commissioners and the CIF Executive Director,” Simmons said in an E-mail Monday to OC Sports Zone.
“We’ll know more then,” Simmons said.
Last week, CIF officials said they were leaving decisions about postponements to local district officials.
Long-time Orange County baseball coach Bob Flint suggested Sunday that CIF officials consider resuming the baseball season in June and July.
PLEASE SUBMIT STORY IDEAS AND PHOTOS TO TIMBURT@OCSPORTSZONE.COM
-Tim Burt, OC Sports Zone; timburt@ocsportszone.com
More Stories
Late-inning triple helps Villa Park top Pacifica for third place in Ryan Lemmon tourney
Newport Harbor captures Sunset League victory over Los Alamitos with late rally
Ryan Lemmon Baseball Invitational final scores and highlights for Tuesday, April 1